Index of deceased persons whose remains were removed from various burial grounds including:
Baptist Burial Ground (Clare Street, New Town), Bruny Island (no specific location), Bushy Park Cemetery, Congregational Cemetery (Wellesley Street and Huon Road South Hobart), Congregational Burial Ground (New Town), Dunedin (New Zealand), Independent Cemetery (Davey Street, Hobart), Jewish Cemetery (Harrington Street, Hobart), Launceston Cemetery (no specific location), New Norfolk (no specific location), North (no specific location), Old Beach, Queenborough Cemetery (Sandy Bay), Roman Catholic Burial Ground (Harrington Street, Hobart), Sisters of Charity, Sisters of the Good Shepherd, St Andrews Presbyterian Burial Ground (Church Street, Hobart), St David's Burial Ground (St David's Park, Hobart), St George's Burial Ground (Albuera Street, Hobart), St John's Cemetery (St John's Avenue, New Town), Trinity Church Burial Ground (Campbell Street, North Hobart) and Wesleyan Burial Ground (Hamilton Street, West Hobart).
Human remains were removed for various reasons including poor drainage within the burial ground, risk to public health due to unsanitary conditions, cemetery land sold to purchasers and used for other purposes.
These individuals were buried at their respective cemeteries during the period 1850 - 1898. Their remains were removed at various different times after 1902. Some of these remains were later buried at Cornelian Bay, but not all.
Information on index cards includes deceased person's name, date of death, registration number, grave number, section ( ie BB) and Denomination (ie Independent).
The card indexes were created between the 1970s and 1980s.
These records are part of the holdings of the Tasmanian Archives