Most of the letters are addressed to David Lambe, who had acted as Architect alone. John Lee Archer took up the position early in August, 1827, and combined the office with that of Civil Engineer. The contents generally concern the construction and repair of public buildings. There is an index to subjects, and file references are quoted after January, 1827.
These records are part of the holdings of the Tasmanian Archives