Macquarie Harbour was established by Lieutenant-Governor Sorell as a penal settlement for the worst convict offenders at the end of 1821
it was abandoned at the end of 1833. This volume is not the first of the series, but it is the last. The letters relate to the detail of the administration of the station, both generally and with respect to individuals sent there
many letters are orders for goods (office furniture, boats etc.) which were manufactured there. There is no index, but file references are quoted.
These records are part of the holdings of the Tasmanian Archives