The Van Diemen's Land Company was established in Tasmania by Royal Charter in 1825
it was granted an enormous area of land in the North-Western quarter, and was the biggest single private enterprise in the Colony: as such, it employed a large number of assigned servants, and subjects relating to them are probably the most frequently mentioned in these letters. Others are the adjustment of the Company's boundaries and matters relating more personally to the manager, Edward Curr, who was also a Member of the Executive Council. There is no index, but file references are quoted after January 1827. The series is apparently complete.
These records are part of the holdings of the Tasmanian Archives