Cover image for Anglican Parish of Campbell Town (1)
Agency:
Anglican Parish of Campbell Town (1)
Agency Number:
Start Date:
01 Jan 1833
End Date:
02 Jul 1879
Description:
Construction of St Luke's Campbell Town was begun in 1835 though the first marriage register for the parish dates from November 1833. The church was officially opened in 1839 but not consecrated until 1850. The parish also included smaller congregations at Christ Church Conara, St. Andrew's Epping and the Cleveland chapel.
The Church wardens of St Luke's and St John's Ross met on 2nd July 1879 to formalise arrangements for the amalgamation of the Parishes of Campbell Town and Ross.
Information Sources:
St Luke's Vestry minute book 1857-1965 and 'Our Heritage of Anglican Churches in Tasmania' by Dorothy Henslowe.;;Copyright in all records retained by the Anglican Church, Diocese of Tasmania
Functions Performed:
Religion
Controlling Agencies:
Anglican Diocese of Tasmania (NG373)01 Jan 1809
Subsequent Agencies:
Anglican Parish of Campbell Town & Ross (1) (NG2328)02 Jul 187917 Mar 1903
Series Created By Agency:
NS1190 Parish Registers27 Oct 183319 Feb 2006

NS2532 Minute Books26 Dec 185725 Jul 1984