Garrett and Co (Messrs W. Garrett and Co) were clothing manufacturers/tailors in Hobart. William Leslie Garrett and his sister Amy Elizabeth Garrett initially ran a drapery and tailoring business at 107 (later 125) Liverpool Street. The first entry in the Tasmanian Post Office Directory for this venture was in 1909. The business traded as A. and W. Garrett and later as W. Garrett and Co. Their sister Gertrude also worked there as a dressmaker. For a time William was in partnership with Leslie Hurst Burrows but that was dissolved in 1921 and the business expanded into a clothing manufacturing industry. The company remodelled premises on the corner of Bathurst and Criterion (formerly Clyde) Streets to create a big workshop, installed sewing machines and employed a large number of staff. The directors in the 1926 company return were William Leslie and his wife, Nellie Blanche. Garretts made various garments and held significant government contracts for making clothing such as rail and tram uniforms. They also made school uniforms and cloth respirators for the EZ works. In 1940 William bought the adjoining property running half way down Criterion Street. The business passed to the next generation, William Leslie's sons (William) Maxwell and Ivan. In 1975 Garrett and Co was sold and former employee, Francesco Longo, together with N. Martelli, took over its operation as Garrett the Tailor.