Cover image for Anglican Parish of West Hobart
Agency:
Anglican Parish of West Hobart
Agency Number:
Start Date:
01 May 1845
End Date:
13 Sep 1998
Description:
The Parish included St John the Baptist Goulburn Street, St Michaels and All Angels, West Hobart and the Mount Stuart Centre.
1998 saw two city parishes joined together to form one new parish under the name BayWest. As the name suggests, the former parishes were St. Peter's, Sandy Bay and St. John the Baptist, West Hobart. St John's was deconsecrated on 13th September 1998.
Information Sources:
Copyright in all records retained by the Anglican Church, Diocese of Tasmania
Functions Performed:
Religion
Controlling Agencies:
Anglican Diocese of Tasmania (NG373)01 Jan 1809
Subsequent Agencies:
Anglican Parish of Baywest (NG2166)01 Jan 199831 Dec 2007