In 1965 the Parish of Derby and the Parish of Ringarooma merged. A Union chapel at Ringarooma of 1877 was taken over by the Anglicans in 1883 and named Christ Church. In March 1884 the church was licenced. In 1936 the church was repaired and moved to a new site as a Sunday School and parish hall and a new church was begun, consecrated in 19 September 1946 and deconsecrated 7 July 1997. St Paul's Church at Derby was opened in 1893 and the last service was held 13 July 1997. Derby was formerly known as Brothers Home Mine.