The company R P Furmage Pty Ltd was founded by Richard Penney Furmage and incorporated on 28 Oct 1918. In Nov 1887 Furmage bacame a partner in a store at Dunorlan which had previously been run by the River Don Trading company (his wife Mary Greer had been a companion to Mrs Wells whose husband was associated with the Company). Furmage with William Fair and George Stephens took a 99 year lease on land on corner of Barrack St and Emu Bay Rd, Deloraine. In 1892 Furmage took over this lease and set up a general store there on his own account. When he died in 1919 his son Rickman Penney Furmage took over the business. Detailed records of the business finish c.1957 when the family split up their busines activities. Furmage had the Deloraine store ('The Don Store') which had branches in Mole Creek, Chudleigh, Dunorlan, Weegena and Parkham; the Mole Creek Hotel, Deloraine Garage, Deloraine Saw Mill and were motor haulage contractors.