Cover image for Anglican Parish of Cooee
Agency:
Anglican Parish of Cooee
Agency Number:
Start Date:
22 Jun 1950
End Date:
31 Dec 1989
Description:
The Parish of Cooee was created on 22 June 1950. Churches in this parish comprised: St David's, Cooee; St Barnabas' Somerset; St Paul's, Elliott; St Mary's, Yolla; and St James' Waratah. Prior to 1950, the churches belonged to the Parish of Burnie. On 30 April 1989 there was a special meeting of the electors of the Parish of Cooee which voted to once again amalgamate with Burnie
Information Sources:
NS1666/26, NS1666/28 and NS1666/7;;Copyright in all records retained by the Anglican Church, Diocese of Tasmania
Functions Performed:
Religion
Controlling Agencies:
Anglican Diocese of Tasmania (NG373)01 Jan 1809
Previous Agencies:
Anglican Parish of Burnie (NG1473)27 Mar 1853

Anglican Parish of Waratah (NG3264)01 Jan 188331 Dec 1996
Subsequent Agencies:
Anglican Parish of Burnie (NG1473)27 Mar 1853