At a public meeting in 1866 a need was expressed for a public building suitable for holding lectures, Library and etc in. The Institute had a building in Britannia Street which was to be used as a place of Instruciton, recreation and amusement for the benefit of the inhabitants of Bellerive. In 1936 the Bellerive Branch of the RSSILA on behalf of the Bellerive Boy Scouts and Girl Guides became Lessees of the building. They remained tenants once the 7 year lease expired. The Bellerive Social Institute amalgamated with the Bellerive War Memorial Community Centre in June 1952. They became known as the Bellerive War Memorial Community Centre Association.