Banks Paton Australia Pty Ltd was founded as Banks Advertising in March 1968 by Ronald T Banks. Banks was born in Victoria and came to Tasmania in 1958 after completing his marketing and advertising education at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology. He established Regent Publicity Ltd in that year and 10 years later the Banks Paton business. The agency conducted media advertising and marketing for a variety of clients and was affiliated with international groups such as NW Ayer International. Banks Paton became a division of Clemenger International in 1997.