The original name was the Parish of Smithton cum Balfour. 1 July 1983 The Parish of Smithton and the Parochial District of Stanley were amalgamated by Bishop Phillip K. Newell and was henceforth known as the Parish of Circular Head. The Parish in 2016 includes St Stephens - Smithton, St Bartholomews - Forest, St Oswalds - Marrawah and St Pauls - Stanley. It has included churches at St John the Evangelist - Redpa, Roger River, South Forest, St Georges - Montagu, All Saints - Mawbanna (Black River), Arthur River, Temma Harbour, Robbins Island, Hellyer, Togari Community Hall. Parish boundaries affecting Mawbanna were changed 9 April 1950. Final services at All Saints, Irishtown was 29 April 1979. Final service at Mawbanna was 29 May 1993.