James William Robinson (1824-1906) had a long career in the whaling industry. He went to sea as a ship's boy at 11, saw his first whale killed shortly before his 13th birthday, and rounded Cape Horn soon after. At 15, when he was working for a season at a Tasmanian bay-whaling station, his father died unexpectedly. While he worked mainly in the pelagic whaling industry out of Hobart, Robinson also carried a variety of cargoes to all the Australasian colonies, Singapore and the Dutch East Indies, and to gold-rush California. He undertook the only Australian sealing voyage to subantarctic Heard Island, and collected guano off the Queensland coast. Ashore, he established and operated mines in both Victoria (gold) and Tasmania (tin). Captain Alfred Bingley Robinson (1851-1934) was the second son of Captain James William and Jane Robinson. He was born in Victoria while his father was at the gold diggings. Alfred married Mary Ann Clark in Hobart in 1873. They had 13 children between 1876 and 1894, although three died young. From October 1898 he was employed at the Eddystone Lighthouse. Robert Jackson was the superintendent at the time.. Wilfred Gordon Robinson (1886-1979), son of Alfred Bingley, served in the Field Ambulance during the First World War, and was a farmer at Caveside, near Mole Creek. His son Wilfred Thomas Robinson also farmed at Caveside, and wrote poetry and family reminiscences.