Cover image for Anglican Parish of Ross (2)
Agency:
Anglican Parish of Ross (2)
Agency Number:
Start Date:
17 Mar 1903
End Date:
31 Dec 1970
Description:
After a meeting in Ross of the Bishop and St John's parishioners, it was resolved to form a separate parish once again. On the 17th March 1903 the Church wardens of St Luke's and St John's met to put the separation into effect.
In 1970 the parishes were amalgamated once again as the Anglican Parish of Campbell Town and Ross. However, it appears that Ross was not used in the new parish's official title until 1973 and would, over succeeding years, be periodically dropped from the parish's title.
Information Sources:
St Luke's Campbell Town vestry minute book 1857-1965, Rector's annual report 1970, Anglican Church of Australia Diocese of Tasmania directories.;;
Functions Performed:
Religion
Controlling Agencies:
Anglican Diocese of Tasmania (NG373)01 Jan 1809
Previous Agencies:
Anglican Parish of Campbell Town & Ross (1) (NG2328)02 Jul 187917 Mar 1903
Subsequent Agencies:
Anglican Parish of Campbell Town & Ross (2) (NG2330)01 Jan 197031 Dec 1994
Series Created By Agency:
NS1190 Parish Registers27 Oct 183319 Feb 2006

NS6629 St John's Ross - Stipend Account Book30 Jun 188930 Dec 1938

NS2533 Parish Financial Records01 Jan 190430 Jun 1929

NS6605 Register of Services - St John's Church, Ross28 Mar 190429 Dec 1974