Cover image for Anglican Parish of Campbell Town & Ross (1)
Agency:
Anglican Parish of Campbell Town & Ross (1)
Agency Number:
Start Date:
02 Jul 1879
End Date:
17 Mar 1903
Description:
The Church wardens of St Luke's Campbell Town and St John's Ross met on 2nd July 1879 to formalise arrangements for the amalgamation of the two parishes. The parish also included smaller congregations at Christ Church Conara, St. Andrew's Epping and the Cleveland chapel.
After a meeting in Ross of the Bishop and St John's parishioners resolved to form a separate parish once again, on the 17th March 1903 the Church wardens of St Luke's and St John's met to put the separation into effect.
Information Sources:
St Lukes vestry minute book 1857-1965;;Copyright in all records retained by the Anglican Church, Diocese of Tasmania
Functions Performed:
Religion
Controlling Agencies:
Anglican Diocese of Tasmania (NG373)01 Jan 1809
Previous Agencies:
Anglican Parish of Campbell Town (1) (NG1190)01 Jan 183302 Jul 1879

Anglican Parish of Ross (1) (NG2318)01 Jan 183302 Jul 1879
Subsequent Agencies:
Anglican Parish of Campbell Town (2) (NG2329)17 Mar 190331 Dec 1970

Anglican Parish of Ross (2) (NG2327)17 Mar 190331 Dec 1970
Series Created By Agency:
NS1190 Parish Registers27 Oct 183319 Feb 2006

NS2532 Minute Books26 Dec 185725 Jul 1984

NS6629 St John's Ross - Stipend Account Book30 Jun 188930 Dec 1938

NS6601 Register of Confirmations19 Jan 189030 Oct 1994

NS6608 Register of Services - Christ Church, Conara14 May 189320 Jun 1936