Cover image for Anglican Parish of Campbell Town (2)
Agency:
Anglican Parish of Campbell Town (2)
Agency Number:
Start Date:
17 Mar 1903
End Date:
31 Dec 1970
Description:
After a meeting in Ross of the Bishop and St John's parishioners resolved to form a separate parish once again, on the 17th March 1903 the Church wardens of St Luke's and St John's met to put the separation into effect.
The parish of Campbell Town also included smaller congregations at Christ Church Conara, St. Andrew's Epping and the Cleveland chapel.
The parishes remained separate until they were once again reunited in 1970 as the Anglican Parish of Campbell Town and Ross. According to the annual Diocesan directories, Ross was sometimes dropped from the parish's official title over the succeeding years.

Information Sources:
St Luke's vestry minute book 1857-1965, Rector's annual report 1970, Anglican Church of Australia Diocese of Tasmania directories.;;Copyright in all records retained by the Anglican Church, Diocese of Tasmania
Functions Performed:
Religion
Controlling Agencies:
Anglican Diocese of Tasmania (NG373)01 Jan 1809
Previous Agencies:
Anglican Parish of Campbell Town & Ross (1) (NG2328)02 Jul 187917 Mar 1903
Subsequent Agencies:
Anglican Parish of Campbell Town & Ross (2) (NG2330)01 Jan 197031 Dec 1994