Cover image for Chalmers Presbyterian Church. Launceston
Agency:
Chalmers Presbyterian Church. Launceston
Agency Number:
Start Date:
10 Jul 1852
End Date:
24 Feb 1895
Description:
Originally known as Chalmers Free Church and named after the founder of the Free Church of Scotland, Dr Thomas Chalmers, this Gothic Revival church was opened in 1860. The architect was William Henry Clayton and the first service took place on 15 January 1860 by the Reverend James Lindsay. In 1896, the divisions which had split the Presbyterian Church in 1843 were overcome. The congregation of Chalmers Church became part of the United Presbyterian Church of Tasmania.
Functions Performed:
Religion
Series Created By Agency:
LMSS238 Copy of Church Register of Marriages10 Jul 185224 Feb 1895