Brian Everard Easterbrook was born at Launceston on 23 October 1925 to Richard James and Daisy Margaret Easterbrook. He was educated at East Launceston Primary School, Launceston State High School and the University of Tasmania. He worked for the Agricultural Department at Mildura, Victoria, before returning to Hobart in the 1950s to work as a librarian at the EZ Company. He lost his home and collection of Tasmanian books and stamps in the 1967 bushfires. He managed to save his diaries and notebooks. In 1969 he sailed to England where he spent two years travelling, writing poetry, short stories and plays. Easterbrook returned to Tasmania in 1971 and took up the position of Librarian at Comalco, Bell Bay. He purchased a house at Lanena on the West Tamar and accumulated 6,500 pieces of pottery; mostly Tasmanian - Campbell, McHugh, Port Arthur and George Springer. He bequeathed his collection of Australian pottery to the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, together with the catalogue of items and $30,000. His diaries, manuscripts (book, plays and poetry), memo books of his field observations, scrapbooks of flora and some published books were donated to the Launceston Library. Brian Easterbrook died aged 59 on 31 August 1985. He was buried at St Paul's Anglican Church, Springfield.