Cover image for The Mount Read and Rosebery Mines Limited
The Mount Read and Rosebery Mines Limited
Agency Number:
Start Date:
01 Jul 1916
End Date:
31 Dec 1925
The Company was established to take over the assests from Mt Lyell Mining and Railway Company Limited including the various mining leases formerly owned by the Hercules Gold and Silver Mining Company, The Tasmanian Copper Company Ltd. and the Primrose Mining Company N.L., - a total of 1697 acres. Robert Sticht was the General Manager of the Company and they used the research laboratory at Mt Lyell. By 1919 the Company had acquired from the State Government the smelters formerly owned by the Tasmanian Smelting Company. By 1925 the mines were controlled by the E Z Company at Risdon.
Functions Performed:
Tasmanian businesses
Previous Agencies:
The Hercules Gold and Silver Mining Company (NG3247)01 Jan 189530 Jun 1916
Robert Sticht (NG193)01 Jan 185631 Dec 1922

The Mount Lyell Mining & Railway Company (NG1711)01 Jan 188420 Feb 1995
Series Created By Agency:
NS3581 Reports, Correspondence re West Coast Mines21 Jan 191330 Sep 1925