Cover image for Hobart Mutual Permanent Investment and Building Society
Agency:
Hobart Mutual Permanent Investment and Building Society
Agency Number:
Start Date:
01 Jun 1874
End Date:
11 Mar 1965
Description:
The 1883 meetings of the shareholders saw several modifications. The name of the society changed from The Good Templars to Hobart Mutual Permanent Investment and Building Sciety; any member could be appointed president whether he was a Good Templar or not; and the group was incorporated under the Building Societies Act.

On 11 March 1965 at a Special General Meeting the society name was changed to The Hobart Building Society.
Information Sources:
"THE MERCURY." The Mercury (Hobart, Tas. : 1860 - 1954) 16 February 1883: 2. Web. <http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article9013369>
Functions Performed:
Tasmanian businesses