The newly-ordained rector of the recently-formed parish of Smithton and Balfour, Rev. D. A. McEachern conducted a harvest festival service April 1911. The foundation stone for St Stephen's - Smithton was laid in 1915. The church built in 1921 and consecrated in 1925. St George's - Montagu, at first a schoolroom-cum-church, was consecrated by Bishop Bromby in April 1878. The windows, pulpit and prayer desk were first used in old St Paul's, Stanley. The foundation stone at St Oswald's - Marrawah was laid in June 1933 and the church consecrated in November. Services previously were held in the Marrawah hall. All Saints' at Irishtown was in Smithton parish until 1950. Other congregations were at Lileah, Forest, South Forest, Brittons Swamp, Roger River, Rogerton, Trowutta, Edith Creek, Allen Creek, Nabageena, Leesville, Redpa, Mella, Broadmeadows, Upper Broadmeadows, Christmas Hill The Parish of Smithton and the Parochial District of Stanley were provisionally amalgamated by Bishop Phillip K. Newell on 1 July 1983 and was henceforth known as the Parish of Circular Head.