Dr Lachlan Wilson MB BS FRCOG (1916-2002) and Dr Jean Wilson MB BS (1918-1971) met as students at Melbourne University. After graduating, they moved to Tasmania to take up appointments at Launceston General Hospital. They also established a joint practice at 100 Tamar Street, Launceston, and built a house at 15 Lord Street, ca.1949-1951. Lachlan Wilson was the son of architect, author and artist William Hardy Wilson (1881-1955). The Lord Street house was designed by him, and the plans for it are in the National Library of Australia. Lachlan Wilson rowed for Melbourne University, and coached the eights at Launceston Church Grammar School for several decades. He was also an enthusiastic bush walker. Jean Wilson worked for Dr Clifford Craig. She was also actively involved in the northern Tasmanian Girl Guide movement. Their daughter Diana was an academic, designer and calligrapher, author of The Encyclopedia of Calligraphy Techniques (2012). Her circle included architects Peter Willmott and Barry McNeill, and designer John Smith.