Cover image for Wilkinson's Pharmacy
Wilkinson's Pharmacy
Agency Number:
Start Date:
01 Jan 1831
End Date:
01 Jan 1955
John Wilkinson (d.1885) arrived in Hobart in 1824. In 1831 he took over the store of F Browne, chemist and druggist, 90 Elizabeth Street, Hobart. Wilkinson had an arrangement with Dr W L Crowther whereby prescriptions for the poor were dispensed free of charge. The business continued as Wilkinson's Pharmacy into the 1950s.
Information Sources:
Tasmanian (Hobart) 31 Dec 1831, p.2 ; ;;F B Wilkinson, 'The late Dr Crowther', Mercury (Hobart) 16 April 1885, p.3 ;;;Ralph Tipping, 'A significant discovery', Australian Journal of Pharmacy 29/10/2016
Series Created By Agency:
CRO40 Day Books01 Jan 183101 Jan 1841