Cover image for A. J. Connor &  Co
Agency:
A. J. Connor & Co
Agency Number:
Start Date:
01 Jan 1923
End Date:
31 Dec 1989
Description:
A.J. Connor and Co. began as a small drapery shop in 1923. It expanded to become a large department store and operated up until the 1980s. 
It was located in Harrington Street, on the corner of Liverpool Street. In 1937 a substantial addition was made, designed by architect Bernard Walker of the firm Hutchinson and Walker.
The business was established by Albert Joseph Connor, son of Joseph Thomas Vast Connor (artist).
Information Sources:
SC331/3/252 and Mercury (TAS), 3 December 1937
Functions Performed:
Tasmanian businesses
Series Created By Agency:
NS6272 Ledger01 Jan 195531 Dec 1956