William John Aislabie (1804-1876) was Reverend of St. Luke's Church in Richmond, Tasmania. Aislabie arrived in Tasmania towards the end of 1834, the Hobart Town Courier of November 21st, 1834, described him as an "able pastor" and preached a "very impressive sermon" at St. David's Church in Hobart. Aislabie was most likely assisting at the Hobart Church until the new parish of Richmond was ready for him. St. Luke's Church was built by convict labour, completed in 1836, opening with a rush of marriages, as many as three taking place on one day, with a total of twenty in the last nine months of 1836. Reverend Aislabie was the first chaplain of the parish, and stayed for about 10 years. During his time in Richmond, four children were born to him, all baptised in the church.