Cover image for St John's Restoration Committee, Richmond
St John's Restoration Committee, Richmond
Agency Number:
Start Date:
01 Jan 1970
End Date:
31 Dec 1970
St John's, Richmond, opened in December 1837. Major renovations were undertaken in the 1920s. The original spire was replaced in the 1890s with a slate-covered structure designed by Launceston architect Alexander North. By the 1970s North's spire had deteriorated; it was replaced in 1972 by a copper-clad structure, designed by Hobart architect Rod Cooper, modelled on the original spire but using North's cross.
Information Sources:
Brian Andrews, "St John the Evangelist's Church, Richmond, Tasmania",
Functions Performed: