This business was a pottery works established in 1874. John Campbell was born in November 1857 in Auckland, New Zealand, and arrived in Victoria when he was ten. He worked for the Bendigo Pottery Company from the age of 12 before moving to Tasmania in 1880. He entered into a partnership with William Brown Jory in the firm Jory & Campbell Steam Brick Works at Glen Dhu. In 1881 John Campbell bought Alfred Cornwell's Pottery at 89 Wellington Road and changed the name to Victorian and Tasmanian Pottery and Pipe Works. John married Mary Jane Jory in 1884 and had eight children. He died aged 70 on 22 May 1928. Campbell's Pottery remained in the family until it closed in June 1976.