Frankford was previously named Green's Creek Road but was later renamed after the Franklin River. It was first settled in 1882 by a group of families with some capital. The east end of town was settled by the timber getters and saw millers. Farmers settled at the western end. The distinctions between the two ends of town was a persistent feature of the history of the district.
The material would be of great interest to anyone researching the history of the West Tamar area in general
These records are part of the holdings of the Tasmanian Archives