These four ledgers were found in the Ash Bester building in Elizabeth Street, Hobart in 2003 after both the business and the building had been sold. They are unidentified records, but appear to be from the dental practice of Dr H. B. McChristie, who was registered as a dentist in Hobart in 1900.
The ledgers contain information relating to dental procedures (repairing dentures
chloroform etc) and give the names, addresses, procedure and costs of dental work for patients. They also contain some record of 'cash flow' through the business, including the names of the suppliers of dental goods and services to the practice.
These records are part of the holdings of the Tasmanian Archives