A non-statutory body concerned with the general accommodation requirements of State Government departments. According to the Executive Council minute at the time of its constitution the Board had the power to enquire into all proposals for new buildings and additions, and alterations and repairs required for the accommodation of the Public Service. The Board was chaired by the Attorney General and members included the Public Service Commissioner and initially Prof Hytten. However, ministerial representation on the Board lapsed from August 1952 and representation of the Public Service Commissioner lapsed from January 1956 until August 1958. In early 1963 Cabinet approved the establishment of the Public Offices Committee (POC) to take over the major planning and high level policy connected with the proposed new Government offices in Murray Street. For some time the Board had not had this role nor had its members been equiped to deal with such major planning. The Board continued to operate until April 1965 when the Government decided to continue the role of POC. At this time the Board became a subcommittee of POC to deal with minor matters such as the provision of furnishings, etc.