The Fisheries Commissioners and the Commission they constituted was abolished under the Fisheries Act 1925 which separated inland and sea fisheries into the Salmon & Freshwater Fisheries Commission and the Sea Fisheries Board respectively. The new Commission was charged with the management, control, protection and regulation of salmon and fresh-water fisheries of the State. It comprised up to fifteen members and elected their own chairman. The angling associations were always strongly represented though their legal representation in the Commission was not granted until 1935. At that time the Commission's membership was reduced to eleven. The Hobbs Report in 1958 recommended the creation of a composite State Fish & Wildlife Service. A compromise reform was adopted with the Fisheries Act 1959 creating the Inland Fisheries Commission and abolishing the Salmon & Freshwater Fisheries Commission. DF Hobbs was appointed the first full-time Commissioner to the new body. While the legislation received Royal Assent in August 1959, the old Commission continued to meet until the end of the year. It was not until February of the following year that all members of the new Commission had been appointed and the new Commission's inaugural meeting was held.